Can gift cards be used as a credit on a Mortgage closing statement or used and counted as a customer reserves?
No, the gift cards have NO cash value until after the transaction has closed 100% and has funded.
No, all redemption must occur post closing.
Yes, you may transfer the card to anyone you like but they must follow all the rules for redemption.
Yes, you must hand in the gift card at the beginning of the transaction. Once you hand in the card you will receive a redemption voucher.
- First, you will have handed it in for a redemption voucher. If you still have the card it will not have been registered.
- Second, You have used an MBN assigned agent to complete your transaction and your gift certificate # will be on your Mortgage application or Real Estate contract.
- Third, you will have a voucher that you redeem to the agent upon completion of your transaction.
You may redeem a maximum of 1 Mortgage Real Estate Gift card and 1 Mortgage gift card per property address provided you have completed both a Real Estate and Mortgage transaction at the same time on that property address otherwise it is 1 card redemption per completed transaction, provided:
1) You have completed both a Real Estate and Mortgage transaction using MBN Agents for each transaction you are redeeming a gift card for;
2) Both a mortgage and Real Estate transaction has occurred at the same time on the same property address. The rule is 1 card per transaction type per property.
Similar to what happens with a restaurant gift card, they remain valid for your next transaction however, you cannot redeem them on the transaction that is already closed. The easiest way to think about it is if you had a restaurant coupon and you forget to give it to them. You complete your meal and then 2 weeks later you return to the restaurant wanting to redeem the coupon. Same situation here. The responsibility to redeem the coupon or gift c certificate is on the customer to present the gift certificate at the beginning of the transaction.
- Click on “request gift card
- Complete the mandatory fields
- Select the gift cards you like to receive
- Input the four-digit text code to validate the request
- Verify your mailing address and make any necessary changes
- Once everything is confirmed your gift card will be mailed to you within three business days
- If you are going to be the party using the gift card skip to “step 3- redeem your card”
- If you are giving away your gift card to another party click on “transfer”
- Input the gift card number located on the front of your card
- Complete the information the person you are giving the card to
- Input the four-digit code to complete the transfer
- Give the card to the other person as it now belongs to them
- Once they are ready to proceed with a transaction click on “redeem”
- Click on the redeem button
- Enter the gift card number (located on the front of the card *note your name should also appear on the card)
- Complete the fields and register your mortgage number and/or Real Estate contract number
- Hand in your card for the redemption voucher
- After your closing submit your voucher for a check or prepaid visa